Friday 14 January 2011

You Would Not Want to Hear These-So Please Don't Say Them to Your Date

You really want to get back together with your ex but things are not quite happening so you get a date.

These are some of the things you neither want to hear or say.

  • "You look just like my older brother (or sister)", time to make a sharp exit you will get nowhere on this date.
  • "My mum would love you". aaaaargh What is that supposed to mean?
  • "No thanks I never eat fatty things", ok in principle but "never" this one is too much in control.
  • You feel cosy and relaxed, their mobile phone goes followed by a long chat. Hey you are with me get your priorities right.
  • "My ex bought me that for my last birthday, great isn't it"? This one is still starry eyed. Yup time to run for it.
  • "How can you possible like that". Hang on this should be about relationship building not personal criticisms.
  • "With due respect" This sounds like an opener to an insult. What on a first date, where is the exit.
  • "I just love the beach let's go tomorrow" Whoa slow down you're going too fast (I know Simon and Garfunkel)but you have only just met.
  • I am sure you won't be this unlucky, choose wisely and best wishes for your future happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment